Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The last few days in fish:

A few fish from this last week...








Probably the best story from the past few days is actually that of a carp:

So I'm walking up the bike trail, along some of that wooden fence that there must be fifty miles of along the LMR and GMR. I look over the fence at the river. Here it's a head high drop down to the river. Right below me is a big carp in the shallows. On a whim I pitch a grub down and reel it up right in front of the carp and let it sit there.. He tips up and slurps it in. I'm thinking to myself you idiot what have you done? The carp zings around the pool. I'm thinking I'll fight it a bit then break it off I guess. Then it runs under this limb that's lying half in the water half on the bank and fouls itself. Well the limb bends and gives and won't let the carp break the line. Oh crap I can't leave it like this. It's like 60 yards either way before I can get down to the water and for sure can't do even that holding the rod, I loosen the drag as light as it will go in case the carp frees itself. Then I lower the rod as far as I can by the tip and drop it over the fence and haul butt for a spot I can get down. Five minutes later I finally get there, untangle everything and release one very tired carp...

No comments:

Post a Comment